Monday, June 14, 2010

Days 14 & 15 - Laura's Perspective

Day 13 Recap
Remember how I said I was going to take a shower to get warm? Pretty sure I would have been better off taking a shower outside. Appartenly our hotel doesn't believe in water heaters. Oh and we were given these laminated name tags to wear at events. Let me tell you.... driving around a golf cart with my precious name tag made me feel pretty high up. I loved it.
Day 14 - Greeley, CO
So Sunday morning I wake up, pack all my belongings out of the terrible hotel, meet up with Stefan (previous road crew member, now is Team Services Assistant) and waited for Hil to call and give us the scoop. Turns out, the city of Greeley wouldn't let us play because it rained all night and was still raining off and on that morning. We went to the fields to clean everything up and once again, our volunteers were absolutely amazing. Everything was cleaned up and repacked in the truck within half an hour. Another benefit of being the road crew is that I barely have to clean up. Basically everybody goes up and cleans up all the belongings and then I just get to tell them what I want loaded in the truck and in what order. It's awesome. After everything was packed up, the staff and I went to Centerra for some lunch. We were able to catch the whole Germany vs. Australia game. Germany dominated Australia. I'm talking, a 4 to nothing sweep. After that, I drove to Stefan's and stayed there for the night since it was close to the airport. Those boys' mamas' raised them right because I felt like I was receiving royal honor. They made me dinner, made up my bed, let me be in control of the remote, let me choose what temperature the house would be all night so I would get some good sleep. Yep, I definitely got spoiled.

Day 15- Denver
Today I had to go into the office to lay out my inflatables because they were still drenched in the rain water. We had just turned them over to dry out the bottom part and then it started downpouring. So much for letting me air out. I also had to switch a couple more parts out but this time it wasn't so bad because I actually had someone in the warehouse with me, informing me of where the parts were located. Finally! So remember how I locked my keys in the truck? Well apparently I wasn't supposed to call Ryder ( even though the person in charge of the trucks told me to) because they are going to send the company an obscene amount of a bill. Well today I went in to Rich's office (he's our tour manager) to turn in my expense report. He was looking it over and made a comment on how I found pretty cheap hotel rooms. I replied, "Yay, I thought I'd try to save you guys some money for that Ryder bill." Kind of sarcastic. Kind of serious. He didn't say anything for the next three minutes. Those three minutes were the longest ones of my life. I thought maybe it'd been too soon to make a joke about that Ryder bill. Little did I know, he was still looking over my expense report and after he got done, he finally realized what I said and laughed. But those three minutes were absolute torture! I kept thinking of ways to apologize for my comment. It was miserable. After being at the office, I went to get Shan. It was lovely to have her back, but she made me move all my luggage out of the front seat. She's so needy. =] And the rest you already know because Shan already blogged about it. Tomorrow, our blogs will finally be just one blog with two minds behind it.

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment