Wednesday, June 23, 2010

day 21-23

Ref coordinator dan is awful at his job. As if we didn’t already know. But for the first round of games this morning, we were already short EIGHT refs! So all of us road crew and both event directors had to grab a whistle and go ref fields. I’ve decided that reffing is not for me. I kept forgetting I was the ref and I would just be watching the game when all of a sudden some parents would yell at me “that was a foul!” or the two teams would be like “who’s ball is it?” and I would honestly not have a clue. So I did what I do best and I made up an answer. Let’s just say some parents/players didn’t really like that. Haha oops. I wonder how they could take me seriously when I was wearing my bright red sunglasses with stars on the lenses.
So it was a long day. I didn’t get to have lunch until like 4 in the afternoon and I didn’t get to reapply my sunscreen so my nose got very burnt. Boo.
After the tourney finally ended, we packed up and headed out. I’m gonna miss hilary. She wins best event director ever in my book. She’s soooo much fun!! While the boys and laura were packing up the trucks, hil-dawg and I went to “take trash to the dumpsters” which translates into: we went drag racing in the golf carts and almost crashed into Rachel and sarah…twice.
When we got back to the trucks, we found chris and sean throwing cans of sparkling juicy juice as high as they could and then watching them explode when they hit the ground. So hil-dawg, Stephen, laura, and I joined in. so much fun!
After that, laura and I peaced out because we were going to drive through the night so we could be home by Monday morning. We drove through torrential downpour and even hail (but I had no idea it hailed since I was sleeping like a corpse….per usual) so we didn’t get home til 6 in the morning.

I basically slept all day Monday, woke up at 4 pm and ran, then went to o-town to check out christy’s potential wedding dresses with Christy and Nicole. Nicole and I decided we want to wear turtleneck bridesmaids dresses. Who wouldn’t?

Then came home, had din din with the fam, played some soccer with them, some bananagrams, and went to bed. But surprisingly I couldn’t fall asleep. I finally fell asleep around 5 a.m. and slept in until 10, when I had to get up for our Tuesday morning conference call, which I took from the convenience of my own couch while watching world cup games.

Then I watched dirty dancing, and I finally left the couch around 1 to go meet bryan in Omaha to watch the argentina/Greece and Nigeria/korea games. After that I went to schmabriel’s casa to dig around her attic for some stuff to bring to her when I visit her on our way to Columbus!!!!!!

I am sooooo excited!! Laura and I are driving thru the night to Indianapolis and we’ll get to spend the whole day there! Woop woop!!

Anyway, when I finally got home, I got my hair trimmed for the first time in 14 months! Then din din with the fam, more soccer with them, and then I met up with laura for our middle of the night drive. That’s what we’re doing now, so I apologize for any weird capitalization since I’m typing this on Microsoft word.

Anywhoo, we’ll be driving allllll night so………

Later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment