Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 6 Recap after Shannon left me

Yep, this is my(Laura's) first blog post... ever. So as Shannon is loving her life in California, she left me hanging in SLC. After Shannon left, I mainly stayed in Headquarters all day long which was great because I got sun here and there, but mostly I was in the shade. Let me tell you.... I'm going to have a rockin tan after this summer is over... well... just on my arms, face, and legs. Anyways, as Shan mentioned before in headquarters you just answer all the questions and deal with issues that come up. I had two separate incidences where a distraught parent came up to me, telling me that their child has been gone for over an hour. Over an hour?! That's two games worth of time. Keep track of your child for goodness sakes! Luckily we ended up finding both of them so that was good. I also was allowed to fill in the scoreboards and seed teams into tournament play. That was pretty cool... until there was a 3 way tie for first, and 4 way tie for those other spots. Then I handed it over to Jim so he could deal with all the crazy soccer parents who were breathing down our necks and 1 inch from standing on top of me. Psychos! Handing out medal went good... it didn't take too much effort to ask a coach what place they got and how many he had on his team. =] If you thought Shannon resented that blow up thing, then I absolutely despise it. For the last half hour of the tournament, it kept falling down.... on top of people and the scoreboards. Every 3 minutes it would fall down. Sooooo annoying. However, I did learn that when that happens and it doesn't seem as aired up as it should be, it means the generator is running out of gas. Thanks for telling me Jim... Not. I got to learn that one on my own when the tent thing was completely flat on the ground. Tear down was great. I just got to tell people what to take down and when to load it in the truck. I can honestly say I did not take down a single item. I just got to load the items in the truck which was pretty easy except for the stupid tables that go up in the top part of the truck. I'm 5'2 1/2 and I can fully stand under the bottom table. Then try loading 5 more on top of that by yourself. Not fun and my arms are going to be HUUUUUUGGGGEEEEE after the end of this summer. I can lift a lot in the weight room but it's toooootally different when you can't just lay on your back and grip a bar. After everything was loaded into the truck and inventory completed, Jim and I headed up to Park City to meet up with Jeff (the really cool guy who bought us lunch one day and took Shan to the airport). Park City is soooo sweet. I got to see where one of the downhill skiing things during the Olympics was held. Downtown Park City reminded me a lot like the Old Market. Today I FINALLY got to sleep in and I have body aches in places I didn't even know could ache. They weren't kidding when they said it can be a physically demanding job. Now I get the joy of driving back to Denver all by myself because Shannon left me. 9.5 hours in BIG truck going through some mountains by myself.... I just love my life.

- Laura

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaha that stupid soccer ball blow up thingy fell down on ppl?! ahhhhhahaha how'd i miss out on that! it better not happen again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and that was me, shannon, that said that ;]

    ReplyDelete