Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 34

Soooo the reason that we haven't been writing in this blog for a couple of days is because I went to Rapid City to surprise Kyle for his 21st birthday which was today! I told him I had a tournament in Las Vegas this weekend (which we were supposed to but after some great negotiating skills we got out of it) but really we've been off of work since Tuesday afternoon which is when we got home from Bettendorf. So let me fill you up to speed on what went on these last couple of days. After we got home from the Ohio weekend, I dropped Shan off at her house and then went to my own house. It felt so weird to be home again. On the way home we had received information about a possible truck switch. As in we would switch from Ryder to Penske and have to switch out EVERYTHING from one truck to the other and repack it all. As you might have guessed, me and Shannon complained about it for majority of the way home to each other. However, Wednesday morning we received more information that we did NOT have to switch out trucks!!! But that we did have to fix our generators. I called at least 30 places on Wednesday and that is not exaggerated one bit. All the places wanted to charge a $30 estimate fee. Me, being the money saving genius that I am, influenced my boss on what a waste of money it would be to have to go through with their 3 estimate policy. I found one place in Treynor that would estimate for free. Yet, that still wasn't good enough for the company. It is now Sunday and I still have not gotten the ok from the head honchos to start ordering parts. Apparently it doesn't matter that 2 out of our 3 generators are broken. Or that we have a tournament this coming weekend that we need them for. Or that this is holiday weekend so no places are going to be open till Tuesday. Or that it takes at least 3 days for the parts to come in plus another day or two for the labor to occur. So yeah, hopefully we won't have to inflate that stupid soccer ball inflatable for this weekend since we won't have any generators to use. Anyways, I flew out of Omaha on Friday morning and got to Rapid City in the afternoon. I basically just bonded with his parents until he got home from work. He was speechless when he saw me sitting in his kitchen. It was awesome!!!!! We just hung around his house Friday night and watched She's out of my league. It was predictable but comical. Then Saturday we went cliff jumping at Dakota Point which is in the Black Hills. It was the first time I've ever gone cliff jumping and it was soooooo much fun. I got a HUGE rush off of it. We just did the small one (25 feet) but next time I'm hoping to go to the 40 ft one. Before I went, I wanted to go off the 90 ft but after seeing it, there is no way I will do it. Not because of the height but because you have to jump out at least 7 feet from the cliff in order to not hit the rocks at the bottom. NO thank you! I'll stick with the ones that I can just walk off of. The rest of the day, we ran errands and worked out, watched another movie (The Crazies), and called it a night. This morning, we got up and went to church. It was awesome since I hadn't gone this whole summer because of work. Kyle wasn't too happy about it but oh well ;) Then we went to brunch at the Country Club with his grandparents and just hung around the house until his family all came over. I got to meet two of his cousins and an aunt and uncle. Food was delicious and Fay (his madre) made this excellent peanut buster dessert. SOOOOOO GOOD! That's about all the main exciting points that you have missed so Ky wouldn't have any idea about me coming. I fly back home tomorrow and then we have Lincoln this weekend. I'm not too sure what Shan has been doing without me, but I'm sure she's been loving being at home.

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment